Monday, August 20, 2007

The Quest Begins

I have been struggling, for what seems like my entire life, to find answers to what seem like simple questions on some level: What does it mean to be a man?
What am I supposed to do now?
What does it mean to be happy?
Is America better off now than it was in the past?
What can I learn from what has come before?
Why can't I ask for, and enjoy, what I truly want sexually?
Is it wrong to want a wife (meaning a stay at home mom who has dinner on the table)?

Just to give you a sense of my own cowardice, I haven't told anyone I know that I am writing this. I want a place where I can muse and ponder and posit without concern for judgment in the real world. This is my place to struggle for meaning.

If anyone ever reads this (which I doubt), and wants to comment, feel free. Here are the ground rules:

1) Say what you feel, try not to censure yourself. Are you racist? Antisemitic? Misogynistic? Let that viewpoint color your comments. Pretending that people don't think or feel things that others find distasteful is ludicrous and counter-productive. However, that leads us to:

2) Your comment must advance the conversation. Just posting to say that I am an idiot or that a commenter is a jackass, or that Jews are the devil, will get your comment deleted.

My next post will start the conversation.

No comments: